Select Page

When the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) has a complaint against you, you should seek the nurse attorney. Any RN or LVN found guilty for violating the state laws and regulations may be subjected to a disciplinary case such as revocation or suspension of her RN or LVN license. The trend is for employers to refer a case to the Texas Board of Nursing to discipline nurse and at the same time terminate your employment in most of the cases.
One of the best examples include the following:
On or about June 9, 2008, a RN from Houston submitted a renewal application to the Texas Board of Nursing in which she answered “Yes” to the following question: “Have you, within the past 24 months or since your last renewal, for any criminal offense, including those pending appeal:
A. been convicted of a misdemeanor?
B. been convicted of a felony?
C. pled nolo contendere, no contest, or guilty?
D. received deferred adjudication?
E. been placed on community supervision or court-ordered probation, whether or not adjudicated guilty?
F. been sentenced to serve jail or prison time? court- ordered confinement?
G. been granted pre-trial diversion?
H. been arrested or any pending criminal charges?
I. been cited or charged with any violation of the law?
J. been subject of a court-martial; Article 15 violation; or received any form of military judgment/punishment/action?”
The RN failed to disclose that on or about March 11, 2008, she was arrested of DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED which is a Class B misdemeanor offense she committed on August 24, 2006.
The Texas Board of Nursing was not able to reach out to the RN due to the actions that she did. However, there was enough evidence which proved the errors of her actions. Additionally, she failed to hire a nurse attorney for assistance, causing her to lose her RN license.

Losing your LVN or RN license can compromise your career. However, a skilled nurse attorney can greatly help you in major cases such as this. For assistance regarding your nurse license case, it’s best to contact Nurse Attorney Yong J. An by contacting him at (832) 428-5679.