Select Page

Every LVN or RN nurse is expected to comply with the laws and regulations imposed by the state of Texas. Any violation can have an adverse effect on his professional nursing license. Even if the violation does not relate to the nature of the work of a nurse, he can still be subjected to the disciplinary proceedings before the Texas Board of Nursing (BON).

One of the most common offenses of a Texas nurse is the unlawful possession and use of prohibited substances. This offense is considered as a class B misdemeanor that is under the jurisdiction of the criminal courts. Any offender may be held criminally liable after finding proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

In the case of a nurse named Jim, he pleaded guilty to a charge for possession of marijuana. As a result of the guilty plea, the proceedings against the LVN nurse were deferred without entering an adjudication of guilt. Thereafter, the professional nurse was placed on probation for a period of six months. However, three years after, he violated the law again for possession of methamphetamine. The LVN nurse was ordered to apply for counseling, treatment, evaluation and intervention.

Notwithstanding all those instances mentioned above, the LVN nurse concealed those facts in his application for a professional nursing license in Texas. He said that he was not convicted of any misdemeanor when in truth and in fact, there was such a conviction. Because of this, an administrative complaint was filed against him before the Texas Board of Nursing (BON).

According to the complaint, the act of the LVN nurse was deceptive to the Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners for the state of Texas. Such act could have affected the decision of the Board to issue her license. Lucky for the LVN nurse, the order only provided for reprimand with stipulations. He was ordered to comply and respect the provisions of the Nursing Practice Act, Revised Civil Statutes of Texas and other state laws.

Contact a Texas nurse attorney today who can provide you with a confidential consultation and evaluate your case and counsel you on the best steps to take. Contact Mr. An by calling or texting him 24/7 directly at (832) 428-5679.