Select Page

The presence of RN or LVN nurses in the state of Texas has a lot of benefits to all the inhabitants of the country. These professionals have the capacity to assist every citizen or resident in times of needs. The RN or LVN nurses are willing to work day and night just to ensure that everyone is getting the health or medical assistance they need. This is the reason why a lot of people have high respect for them.

Unfortunately, there are some professional nurses who do not take their jobs seriously. Most often than not, they commit acts that would place themselves in a compromising situation. What is even worse is that in the process of being negligent, they also start to place the lives of their patients in negligence. As a result, these professionals are subjected to several complaints before the Texas Board of Nursing (BON).

A classic example of a negligent nurse is Alexa who voluntarily surrendered her nursing license. The act was a result of a misdeed that she committed while being employed in a nursing facility in Texas. While on duty, the LVN nurse withdrew narcotics or medications form the Medication Dispensing System for patients in excess of the frequency or dosage of physicians’ orders. In some instances, she did the same act without a valid physician’s order. The LVN nurse also failed to document in an accurate manner the administration of the medications in the medical records for the patients.

The acts performed by the LVN nurse while on duty clearly show that she was negligent in her job. She did not comply with the rules and regulations that are mandated in the hospital where she was employed. As such, a disciplinary case was filed against her before the Texas Board of Nursing (BON). She waived her right to a counsel and voluntarily surrendered the nursing license that was issued under her name.

The case of Alexa is only one of the several cases involving nurses. Make sure that you know what to do when it comes to complaints filed before the Board. Contact a Texas nurse attorney today who can provide you with a confidential consultation and evaluate your case and counsel you on the best steps to take. Contact Mr. An by calling or texting him 24/7 directly at (832) 428-5679.