Select Page

Whenever an administrative case is filed against a RN or LVN nurse in Texas, the government agency that will have exclusive and original jurisdiction is the Texas Board of Nursing (BON). In this disciplinary proceeding, the Board of Nursing has the authority to impose penalties and sanctions to any erring nurse. As a matter of fact, the Board can even suspend the license of a RN or LVN nurse, depending on the severity of the charge.

A good example of this is the case of Maverick, who was employed as a licensed vocational nurse in a home health facility in Texas. There was a case filed against him by his employer. In the complaint filed against him, it was expressly alleged that the LVN nurse lacked fitness to practice vocational nursing in that he produced a urine specimen that resulted positive for Ethyl Glucuronide (ETG) and Ethyl Sulfate (ETS), metabolites of alcohol, and admitted she drank wine.

The complaint also stated that the act of the LVN nurse took place while he was on duty. Clearly, her act could have affected her ability to properly take good care of her patient. It was stated that he lost the capacity to recognize subtle signs and symptom as well as changes in the conditions of the patients. Because of this, she placed the life of her patient in a potential danger. The presence of alcohol could have affected her ability to make rational, accurate and appropriate assessments or judgments.

Since Maverick, the LVN nurse, thought that the case was only simple, he decided to simply ignore the notices from the Texas Board of Nursing (BON). Without his knowledge, the case proceeded and he was declared in default. For his failure to presence the needed evidence, the BON decided against him. Unfortunately, the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) even ordered for the revocation of his license. It was found out that Maverick committed the same offense for more than three times already.

Avoid a similar situation from happening in your profession. Contact a Texas nurse attorney today who can provide you with a confidential consultation and evaluate your case and counsel you on the best steps to take. Contact Mr. An by calling or texting him 24/7 directly at (832) 428-5679.